Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Francis Chan - day two - Keeping it REAL!!

Francis Chan, my new favorite speaker, was wonderful today.  His talk opened up the floodgates for the Holy Spirit and we spent the rest of the morning in prayer and worship.  (the planned schedule was set aside and the Lord was in charge!!!!!)

I want to share a few quotes tonight, but will honestly have to wait to finish this post as this kind of day is physically exhausting.  I'm tired but so blessed by this amazing day -- a day that I find  hard to describe.

Chan, in talking about the biting scripture from yesterday, admitted he had to repent for leaving out some of it.  He says he was guilty of what we Christians often do -- "hiding things about God to make Him seem more attractive."  In yesterday's message he quoted Rev. 3:1b - I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.  and stopped there.  That was a pretty bold verse to lay out before the entire US staff of Campus Crusade. 

Today he added these verses:  2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.   If we were to take this to heart, both as individuals and as a body, it's no wonder the day's plans were suspended and everyone took to their knees.  It was something I will remember for the rest of my life.  Francis Chan ended his message on his knees/face crying out to God.  When have you ever experienced a keynote speaker at a major event taking this posture and weeping before the Lord??    Truly, an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment