
Imagine looking out your windshield and seeing this! Texas is burning.
Texas is in the midst of its worst wildfire outbreak in state history. The Bastrop-area fire has been the largest of nearly 190 wildfires the forest service says erupted this week, leaving nearly 1,700 homes statewide in charred ruins, killing four people and forcing thousands of people to evacuate. USA Today.
No, I did not take this photo, and we are not near the worst fires near Bastrop. But our entire state is at risk. Here in San Antonio we've had 4-5 fires erupt in outlying areas this week (one burning right now about 10 miles west of our house -- 100 homes and 3 large businesses have been evacuated).
![]() |
| Burned out fire truck from Bastrop, TX. |
It's hard not to be concerned, anxious, worried, afraid. This is unprecedented. I've been in Texas 45 years and have never before been concerned about fire danger. It's hard to know how to think.
But I know that God is still in control. I must choose to think on these things: "whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Phil. 4:8-9
This is what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and worthy of praise -- Texans are stepping up to help fellow Texans.
![]() |
| Help arrives from New Life Baptist Church in Beeville, TX |
![]() |
| Hill Country Bible Church responds too. |
![]() |
| Everyone is pitching in! |
As it said in my Jesus Calling devotional today: "Walk with me in paths of trust. ...The farther you roam along paths of unbelief, the harder it is to remember that I am with you." I don't know about you, but that's just what I needed to hear today!
Please remember to pray for the people of Texas, and those in other areas of the US facing record floods!
May the Lord bless and keep you,
Karen




No comments:
Post a Comment